Whether you have just entered the welding industry or an expert welder, you need to know that welding equipment is no way cheap. To be very honest, instead of spending a lot of money on new equipment, there are plenty of used welders for sale that are easily available on market which operate as though they are new, and just because they are used, it doesn’t mean that they have plenty of additional years of use.
Thing to Consider When Purchasing a Used Welder
If you are planning to shop for used welders then there are plenty of things that you should consider.
- The first and the important thing is the intention for using the welder. Since there are two types of welding metals; the thick sheets of metal and the thin sheet of metal, and for both there are different power requirements. The thinner would require the lesser heavy duty machine with lesser power while the thick one would need more power and for that you will have to search even more to buy a reliable and trust worthy machine.
- The second thing you need to consider while going for the used welders for sale is that the company of the welders does produce the replacement parts and what the prices of such parts average, since all the equipment of the used welders may not be new and some of those may require replacement.
- The third thing to consider is that different types of metals require different types of gas. There are mainly two types of gas, the metal inert gas (MIG) and the tungsten inert gas (TIG) but at present the prices of both the gases are same.
- There are three types of welder engines; the gas driven, diesel driven ad LPG driven, so you have to keep this factor in mind as well and will have to search accordingly for the type you require.
Lincoln electric is quite a popular name when you think about welders and related items. So if you are considering buying a used Lincoln welder then you should go for it as Lincoln is known to be the “The Welding Experts” with welders of both heavy duty and light weight material. Besides all the replacement parts are available easily. You can get both MIG and TIG welders by Lincoln.
Used Miller Welders for Sale
Like Lincoln, Miller welders’ is also a known brand name when you talk about welders and equipment. And similarly like Lincoln, Miller has both MIG welders as well TIG welders and the replacement parts are also found easily.
Used MIG welders for sale
In order to buy the right MIG welder, you need to need to know about the input power available. In Miller, there are 1-Phase input power, 1 – 3 Phase input power and 3 Phase input power welders available, each has its own purpose like the 1 Phase welders require less voltage and are used for home and garages while the 3 – Phase input power are for the industrial areas. You can get the 1 – Phase used MIG welders for sale easily.
There are MIG welders available by Lincoln electric as well. If you are searching in the market for the used MIG welders, you should know about the prices and details of each MIG welder. You can view the prices and details of Lincoln MIG welders on the Lincoln site.
Used TIG Welders for Sale
For the TIG welders by Miller you also need to know about the material you will be welding as the AC/DC products can weld all metals which includes aluminum, and the DC products can weld metals as well as other alloys, but it not usually recommended for aluminum.
What to Choose; the used MIG welder or the used TIG welder?
Since both the MIG and the TIG welders are available for sale by plenty of popular companies the question arises which welder to get from the both? When you are getting a portable welding machine, it is highly important that you should understand the nature of work for which you require the machine. It is believed that the MIG welder has much greater speed than the TIG welder but the TIG welder produces a high quality weld. So if you are manufacturing some highly visible consumer products then you should look for the used TIG welder for sale and find some great offers. The MIG welder is usually preferred for thick metal welding and for the work that does not require much precision or sophistication.
Used Welding Equipment for Sale
So when you have planned to get the used welder, you should search for the used welding equipment as well. If you require some spare parts of that welder you would be aware where to find those. Few good places to get the welders and the equipment are Amazon, E-bay and Craigslist. Simply search for the local manufacturers and the local listings to get the best deals and some fabulous offers on the welding equipment. However when you are buying online, make sure you ask the dealer or the person selling the item to send you the original picture of the product and the rest of the details especially if you are getting an expensive item.
Whenever you plan to buy a used equipment or a used welder, you should take some precautions like you should know about the company or brand of which you are getting the equipment, the source from where you are getting like if you are getting from a brand/company directly like used equipment by amazon or you are getting from an individual. Also make sure you get the original picture of the product and you are aware of the market rate of that product as you do not want to end up buying a second hand product in the same price as that of the brand new thing. So make sure you keep all these things in mind before you go for the used welders for sale or used equipment for sale.
- AIRCAT 1150 VS NitroCat 1200K: Which One’s For You? - July 10, 2019
- Kubota L3901 Tractor Review: The Power and Versatility You Want? - June 30, 2019
- Kubota B2650 Package Deals and MORE You Need to Know - June 30, 2019