Today we’ll be reviewing one of the more exciting offerings for those of us out there who do a lot of professional or DIY painting. The Graco Magnum X7 262805 Cart sprayer.
So what exactly can this baby do and is it a workhorse or just another paint sprayer in a pretty package? We’ve going to go into its features, followed by giving you the pros and cons as we’ve found them to be. Lastly, we’ll give you our verdict but in the end you are the one that needs to decide. Do the features outweigh the faults? Let’s see!
The Graco X7 has a lot of quality features to make it appealing if you spend a lot of time painting Here is a list of what you get:
- Mobility – It’s got a cart! Great for saving your back when you’ve got a long job ahead.
- Power Flush – This innovation allows you to clamp onto a water hose for easier cleaning.
- Reverse-A-Clean spray tip – Another feature common to Graco models, this helps to unclog in a jiffy as needed.
- Paint Save Pail hook– Can hold up to 5 gallon containers.
- Stainless steel piston pump – This adds to the unit’s durability and we have to say that we are always happy to hear when stainless steel parts are involved.
- 5/8 horsepower motor – The settings are adjustable, of course, giving you 3000psi of power at your disposal.
Definitely a nice assortment of features. So how did they hold out? Next we are going to go into the pros of the Graco X7 and let you know the good bits. After that, we’ll let you in on the cons of this sprayer so that you can make an informed decision if the Graco X7 is right for you. Without further ado, the pros!
- Autoprime – Not having to manually prime is a great feature and one which we appreciate in the Graco X7 airless paint sprayer.
- Cart – If you have to lug your sprayer around all day then this is a feature of which you will heartily approve. it is solidly built and lets you focus on the painting rather than the lugging-around.
- Reverse-A-Clean– This feature is not limited to the Magnum X7, rather something that Graco includes in a lot of its models. What it means for you is that if you should get a clog, you can simply reverse the tip and blow it right out of there.
- Versatile use of materials – You can spray just about any coating with this Graco paint sprayer x7.
- Easy setup – If you are worried, but setup is actually quite easy with this model, even for beginners. Graco is generally quite good about providing resource support from their end which has always been a good selling point.
- Fine work or Fast – The spray can be wide or condensed down to the size of a fingertip. This means you have the control that you need for detailed work or for blanketing an area with a quick coating.
That’s a pretty good list of pros. That said, there is seldom any product so fine that you cannot find a fault. In the interest of fairness and giving you the information that you need, we now present the cons.
“Setup is actually quite easy with this model.”
- Hose could be longer – At 50 feet, the hose works but we would have liked something a little larger. Still, 50 feet is not bad and should get most areas that you need to reach fairly efficiently.
- Overspray risk for newbies – This is perhaps understandable with the high end motor. There is a lot of power to get used to and so overspray is certainly going to be a potential issue. That said, while we did not have any issues, there were a number of overspray complaints with other reviewers that may or may not have been due to their level of painting expertise with units of this type.
- Bucket hook – It’s a minor complaint but when the unit is standing upright in the cart then the bucket is not suspended, but rather touching the ground. This might be by-design but it can be mildly. irritating.
Ease of use
The Graco Magnum 262805 is actually quite easy to use by novices and experts alike. Graco’s website provides a number of video resources as well that can help you to utilize your Graco products. They have always been fairly good with this. While you don’t get a cheat sheet which tells you what settings to use for various jobs as you might with some Wagner sprayers the video options will still get you pretty much all of the information that you need.
As this is a high powered unit, you will want to make sure that you are using the proper protective attire when painting with your Graco Magnum. This is going to include eye goggles, a respirator, and of course, work clothes. Preferably long sleeved so that you don’t end up with any itchy paint on your skin. Due to the power with this unit, taping and tarping is something you definitely should not forget.
Retailing around 416$, if you do a lot of painting we feel that this device might be a good fit for you. Whether it is for Do It Yourself projects or even for a little professional work(although if it is high-volumes of work this unit might be a little slow by comparison to higher-end units. Perfedt for low to middle-range jobs, however.). If you know that you will be doing a lot of painting this year then it’s definitely worth the cost. Now that you have the information you can decide for yourself and we hope you’ve enjoyed our review of the Graco Magnum 262805 x7 cart airless paint sprayer!