A lathe which is also known as a metal working lathe is one of the large grades of lathes designed keeping in mind that there are precise machining requirements for different materials which includes non-metals too. With the development in technology, there have been much more materials than just metals & non-metals, which needs machining, such as plastics, thermoplasts etc. We can say a metal lathe is used for a lot of different applications. Most commonly known as lathes, they are the heart of any machining industry. There are many brands of lathes available in the market world-wide, one of them is Nardini.
Nardini is one of the most popular makers in the lathe industry. The working of a Nardini lathe is pretty simple, the machine tool removes material from the work-piece or job (in technical language) which keeps on rotating by the linear moment of the cutting tools & the rotating moment of the job or work-piece. The tools generally used are drill bits & tool bits.
Let’s take a look at the available types of lathes. There are many types of lathes available in the market. Some of the most commonly used lathes are as follow:
1) Woodworking lathes: These are the oldest types of lathes available in the market today, they are only used for working with woods.
2) Metalworking lathes: These are the most commonly used type of lathe in the industry. Its primary use is for machining metals.
3) Cue lathes: These types of lathes are especially used for machining cue balls used in billiards & snooker.
4) Glass working Lathes: These are the similar type lathes except for the holding technique in this lathe. The work-piece, which is glass in this case, is held & the headstock rotates very slowly. Allowing a flame which is either handheld or fixed on the cross-slide inflaming the work-piece to soften a bit helps in the cutting it to the required shape.
5) Metal Spinning Lathes: They are specially used for spinning the metal sheets to required shapes.
6) Ornamental Turning Lathes: As the name clearly states it is these type of lathes is used for shaping ornaments & other delicate metals.
7) Reducing lathes
8) Rotary lathes: This lathe was invented by the father of Alfred Nobel, Immanuel Nobel. It is especially used for wood turning against a tool piece & cutting it simultaneously.
9) Watchmaker’s Lathes: Used for precise jobs by watch companies, this is a critical type of lathe.
Nardini Engine Lathe: The Most Commonly Used Lathe
An engine lathe can be termed as the most important part of workshop. The main use of the Engine lathe is to change the shape & size and finishing of a work-piece which is revolving, with the help of different cutting & shaping tools. Nardini provides the best in the quality engine lathes for multipurpose use, as many of their consumers would attest to.
Nardini offers a wide range of lathes to the consumers’ in the industry. Beginning from Nardini AM 3200 to Nardini AM 5000, all the models of Nardini lathe are accompanied with some additional features.
The following chart compares the best models of Nardini Lathes & the specifications for use in different operations:
|No. of Axes|
1016 to 2159 mm
2032 to 6096 mm
2032 to 6096 mm
These are just the most commonly used lathes offered by Nardini Lathes. There are more than 22 types of models available in the market offered by Nardini.
Accessories Provided by Nardini
The Nardini Lathe offers many accessories for each individual lathe as well. The main accessories available include:
a) Face plate: A faceplate is a very big flat-disc which is used to mount the spindle. It can be used to mount a job or work-piece as well.
b) Collet: When working with cylindrical work-pieces, it’s better to use a collet, it also be used to mount square & hexagonal jobs as well.
c) Spur Drive: A spur drive is used to bite through wood and also putting torque to them.
Nardini Lathe for Sale
There are a number of sites which provide online purchasing of the Nardini lathes. If you look more precisely on internet, you can even find many sites providing with both new as well as used Nardini lathes on sale. Through these purchases you can buy the best quality available at very low cost, and you can also be assured that you are getting the durable Nardini name with any product.
Perhaps the only downfall to purchasing a used Nardini lathe may be that there may no longer be a manufacturer’s warranty in effect depending on the age of your machine.
Nardini Lathe in CNC Mode
With the traditional manual lathes, Nardini also provides high performance CNC lathes. Nardini lathes in CNC mode are extremely efficient when used at a high scale. These CNC machines are proved to be high quality with their output, and these products provided by these CNC’s are precise & accurate for use by all professionals.
Nardini - As a Brand Name
Nardini is a widely known brand name for the manufacturing and production industries. If you go through the internet forums you can very well see various reviews on the different models of Nardini lathes used by consumers throughout the world. These forums are used to discuss the different types of Nardini lathes and their uses. Some users even claim it to be the number one lathe in the industry. Nardini lathes are not only famous for their reach world-wide but also for the quality of products provided by this company.
- AIRCAT 1150 VS NitroCat 1200K: Which One’s For You? - July 10, 2019
- Kubota L3901 Tractor Review: The Power and Versatility You Want? - June 30, 2019
- Kubota B2650 Package Deals and MORE You Need to Know - June 30, 2019